Europe...in a bird's eye view

Entilzha

Confederate Soldier
Although it is a bad situation now, Europe was a good experiment when it got underway.

The Eu has it's own anthem which classical music lovers will enjoy, and this vid will also depict the capitals of the various memberstates.

it even has a pic of Sofia!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Z2hlwWk4w&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Enjoy,

And as our anthem says:

"Lascht alle menschen brüder sein"

Our continent is beautiful and varied, the pic from Sofia is good, also from Amsterdam and Rome.

I can't belive we are all faces with such a huge crisis, the euro has sunk further today and shares fell sharply.

Bulgaria pays for gas to Russia in US dollars.

If this continues, prices of natural gas here will be up 20% in June which will pump up inflation.

Also our budget deficit has doubled last month.

I can't belive this is happening, unemployment is skyrocketing!!!!

AGAIN!!!

I just pray the euro holds up, all my savings are in euros and also CDG's savings in PayPal.

We also pay in US dollars. :sm (41):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/10151772.stm

Yes, it is bad everywhere!!

And with the Koreans wanting to bash the snot out of eachtother, it could get even worse!!

It almost seems like a runaway train, that is barely under control!!

I still think it is a good experiment. Unfortunately the solution to the problems in the EU and the US are not easy and will cause a lot of human suffering in the sense of the cuts and changes that will have to be made. The world is a global community now and no country can back to it's isolationist ways of years go by. I have faith that things will get better, maybe not quickly, but they will get better.

Yes, it is bad everywhere!!

And with the Koreans wanting to bash the snot out of eachtother, it could get even worse!!

It almost seems like a runaway train, that is barely under control!!

Why is there so much violence in Asia these days?

So many riots, in kyrgyzstan, thailand now the koreas?

What is this world coming to?

I am really worried Enty, if this fucking euro sinks we are fucked.

My sis boyfriend got his salary halved last month from 200 euros to 100 a month.

cuts and changes that will have to be made. The world is a global community now and no country can back to it's isolationist ways of years go by. I have faith that things will get better, maybe not quickly, but they will get better.

Cuts mean more unemployment, more unemployment reduces economic activity, its a downard spiral.

Europe has a huge problem with its aging population and it will get worse.

40% of our budget here goes for pensions.

They are planning new measures like men working until 65 until they are eligable for a pension.

Why is there so much violence in Asia these days?

So many riots, in kyrgyzstan, thailand now the koreas?

What is this world coming to?

I am really worried Enty, if this fucking euro sinks we are fucked.

My sis boyfriend got his salary halved last month from 200 euros to 100 a month.

I am worried too, if the Euro sinks, I am out of a job and my house and all that goes with it.

Let us hope that it will get better, one way or the other!!

Is there really such a threat? Why?

You will get a new job, don't worry about it you have the lowest unemployment rate in the EU.

Here it's a massive 12%, I can't imagine what it is like in Spain where they have 20% or more unemployment.

On the TV they showed people queuing for a job interview day and night for several days.

Cheer up Meatpie, I have to work to age 68 to get my full social security payments. It used to be 65 but they keep creeping the age up because the fund is going broke. I figure there will be no money when I retire which is why I have to save, save, save. I don't think you can count on the government for anything.

I read that Japan is having a real issue with the number of elderly compared to the number of younger workers. The article said that Japan might have to looking at letting in a large number of immigrants to fix the problem.

Go figure.

68? That's crazy.

I can't cheer up m8, the sinking of the euro will pump inflation which is a nightmare, I've been through it and I know how quickly the economy can break down once inflation kicks in.

It's a recipe for economic meltodown.

I was hopeful a few months ago, the government said

- unemployment is falling
- budget deficit reduced

No, May 25

- Skyrocketing unemployment, 250,000 are out in the next few months
- Tripled budget deficit
- Failing healthcare
- Weak, sinking euro
- Gas prices up 20% from June

I could go on. These are serious problems and I don't see this is gonna be resolved.

My head hurts, it's midnight here I am off :sm (62):

This is where age comes in handy, because I have lived through 4 of these types of cycles since I have been in the workforce. It does not get easier but I do know it will get better it is just a question of how much pain is involved.

Sleep is always a good solution. Things look better in the morning when you are well rested.

Sweet Dreams.

Entilzha, I can sympathize with your plight. In one of my earlier bouts of unemployment I thought for sure that I was going to loose my house. It kept me up at night, and I made myself sick with worry. It is easy to say not to worry but that doesn't help. All I can say, is keep your head down and keep moving forward. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe not the light you wanted, but light just the same!

It will be a disaster if the EU fails. So far, the EU is the only geo-political entity that looks promising in it's nature. The Arab League deemed toothless, so is ASEAN. USA as a country is so ruthless to avoid being welfare state, they let their people suffer under unscrupulous corporations that all so foyke up people outside the country. I will not stop praying to God for the Euro to recover. I love the concept. It would've worked without a hitch if some of the counterparts responsible are actually adamant towards their roles with the responsibilities entrusted to them by the people. God have mercy. Don't let the people we care about go through hardship that they can't pull through.

Worse still if the euro sinks further CDG goes with it, we will be bankrupt.

Back