TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE PROCEDURE

Meatpie, I have had similar procedures done. Worse yet, I have had my wisdom teeth removed surgically because all four grew in sideways. But, the pain was well controlled without knocking me out. If this is a particularly painful procedure for you, you should discuss it with your dentist. They can give you anesthesia such as Twilight Sleep to get you through the procedure with minimum discomfort. It also helps to take some acetaminophen about an hour prior to the procedure. Wish you well.

Hi there Snerdguy,

Thank you for your reply.

It's painful yes, sometimes I can't stand it. My dentists knows I am in pain and gives me a break for a few minutes then goes on.

My wisdow teeths were also growing sideways and I had surgery in 2007 to extract them.

I had stitches in my mouth for a week.

I overdosed on painkillers and recovered quickly still it was a nasty procedure.

The dentist should give you a shot of NOVOCAINE in your mouth to make it so you will feel NO PAIN, then it will be a breeze!!!!

If the dentist won't give you Novocaine or Lidocaine then try getting some OIL OF CLOVE from your local drug store. Take it with you and apply it right before he starts (apply with a q tip) and again every break. It works very similar to the above named drugs. IT NUMBS ALMOST JUST AS WELL IF NOT AS WELL. I Once had my front tooth knocked out on a Saturday night and couldn't get to a dentist until Monday morning. My mother had some OIL OF CLOVE and applied it. No pain! And it turned out that my nerve was exposed the whole time. Good luck mate!

You should have told me early on, I am an hour away from this nasty painful procedure.

I will piss my pants :(

I am back from the dentist. She injured my gum with the drill and I started bleeding. My gum hurts and is red, the caries was at the root of the tooth.

:(

Scaling is postponed for Friday.

She couldn't finish the dental filling.

I have three cavities, all between teeth in "bad and difficult locations" she said.

I am scheduled every day for the next two weeks.

I will also need laser treatment.

After the scaling there is usually some inflamation of the gums and discomfort.

Laser applied to the gums helps recovery and the tissues heal quickly.

There is evidence that laser helps for less gum recession after the procedure.

That is all I know, of course it is a more complicated issue and still actively researched.

It amazes me the uses of the Laser. It seems so much in the medical world is done by laser. I wish you a speedy recovery!

It's crazy how one day you are fine and the next you are all messed up.

I am definately getting the oil of clove tomorrow.

If you can find extra strength Oral Gel it is an excellent topical anesthetic. Don't forget that you can use that and Tylenol for the pain. Aspirin is the best pain and inflammation reducer. But, if your having a problem with bleeding gums, you probably shouldn't use it because it reduces the clotting of blood.

My gums are OK and not bleeding or red but the dentist insists that I need the precedure done.

I think this is because she wants my money.

Nothing more.

That's how doctors are here. I have a relatvide who is a doctor and told us that they operate on patients and remove their organs just to get the money, doesn't matter whether the patient needs it or not.

The world is badly fucked up and everything is about money.

I underwent the procedure today, I bled like a pig.

I am scheduled again for next week.

I asked the doc if I could get it and she said "NO, we will give you our own drink". They gave me some pink shit to gargle.

Oh man, God forbid, it's such a nasty procedure.

Thanks for your advice and support.

Not really because with scaling sometimes it's the root of the teeth that gets hurt and causes pain, the nerves of the teeth go deep down in the jaw and can only be anesthetized with a needle.

My mouth filled with blood.

Back