Is a firing squad an oudated execution method?

• Yes firing squads should be banned as an execution method.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, fire away!

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same here, I would like to be executed like that always!!

I think the person being executed should choose between hanging, firing squad, electrocution or gas chamber. The lethal injection method seems to me to be a dereliction of punishment.

I think the person being executed should choose between hanging, firing squad, electrocution or gas chamber. The lethal injection method seems to me to be a dereliction of punishment.

the way lethal injection is done should be considered a dereliction of punishment, making it look like the condemned just goes to sleep is not a good death, just inject something to stop the heart and let the condemned deal with having no heartbeat until his brain dies as he twitches in his death throes.

I quite agree. At the root of the meaning of the word Punishment is the concept of causing pain which must necessarily be applied.

Firing squads are a good way to execute criminals, and in the military sometimes soldiers or enemy spies - quick efficient, the man doesn't suffer too much, execution is a punishment I agree lethal injection is too easy for the condemned. Criminals should have a choice of hanging or firing squad, soldiers should be shot unless their death needs to be particularly dishnourable.

I think firing squads are a beautiful and elegant way to die by execution. Of all of the forms of execution, that would be the way I'd rather go.

honestly i would like a guillotine. unlike a sword it is garunteed to go through every time and is not variable to human swinging. and as long as the blade is kept razor sharp it shouldnt hurt for tooo long, plus i think that having my head be tumbling in my last moments would be neat.

also for all of you saying hanging should be around, which type are you referring to. the hanging where u hoist em up and they strangle to death, or the one where the trap door in the gallows drops out and breaks the dude's neck when he falls?

I'd be proud to serve as a rifleman on your firing squad :yes: and help dispatch you, 8-10 ball rounds of lead into your chest from the detail.
Ref : hanging, I'd favour the British long drop breaking the man's neck, in a judicial execution it is a punishment but no need to torture by strangulation, unless the criminal wants it then I'd oblige. That is for civilians to do.

Gas chamber and crucifixion sounds like the perfect fates for you. both would let you feel yourself dying nice and slow, not to mention allowing you to give a good show for your executioner as you struggle futilely against your fate as you slowly die.

Firing squads should be mandatory for confessed mass murderers. No head or chest shots though. Make the fuckers die slow and painful. Pay per view broadcast

Firing squads should be mandatory for confessed mass murderers. No head or chest shots though. Make the fuckers die slow and painful. Pay per view broadcast

gut shots would be best, though perhaps shooting each limb first would make the end more pleasant for the condemned.

and a bullet wouldn't?
No, not necessarily. You can get shot right in the heart and still take a while.

Gas chamber and crucifixion sounds like the perfect fates for you. both would let you feel yourself dying nice and slow, not to mention allowing you to give a good show for your executioner as you struggle futilely against your fate as you slowly die.
I have a pretty good pain tolerance but those would be a bit too much even for me.

No, not necessarily. You can get shot right in the heart and still take a while.

I have a pretty good pain tolerance but those would be a bit too much even for me.

A good sadistic executioner should get his greatest pleasure from taking the condemned he is executing far beyond their tolerances as they die.

also for all of you saying hanging should be around, which type are you referring to. the hanging where u hoist em up and they strangle to death, or the one where the trap door in the gallows drops out and breaks the dude's neck when he falls?

A hoist-up or no-drop hanging - give the guy some sense of feeling his punishment, even if only for a few seconds. Firing squad is ok for those that want it, but no head or heart shots. The weakening movements of the victim, still tied upright to the post, as he bleeds out are a reward entertainment for the firing party.

A good sadistic executioner should get his greatest pleasure from taking the condemned he is executing far beyond their tolerances as they die.

True, true. But in this case, I'm not too concerned with how my executioner is feeling. Now if I were the executioner, then we'd be talking a whole different angle. Then I would like death by a thousand cuts. Let him bleed to death, slow and painful. Or at least hanging a dude so I can watch him squirm.

Back