Who will win an OSCAR at the ACADEMY AWARDS on March 7th, 2010 ??

ArrowMan

Forum Elite
Elite Member
HEY !!

The Academy Awards are nearly here!!
Tomorrow night, March 7th, 2010

:001: :001: :001:

:sm (25)::sm (25):

How totally ACE is this!!
:dancing: :dancing:

"HOORAY for HOLLYWOOD!" :sm (52)::sm (31):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6aJDN5PT08&feature=related

"There's NO BUSINESS like Show Business!!" :sm (31)::sm (52):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DX0Ffb1gMM

OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the
82nd Annual
ACADEMY of AWARDS :001::001::sm (31):
(check out this awesome website, yous guys!!!)

http://oscar.go.com/

NOW my predictions from many of those nominated in the categories below
(scroll all the way down to the bottom of this list to see the total nominations for
"Best Picture of the Year"):
:sm (6)::sm (6):

http://oscar.go.com/media/2010/html/print10.html

THE HURT LOCKER (best picture of the year) -- very tough choice as AVATAR is superb as well !

JEREMY RENNER (best leading actor -- THE HURT LOCKER)

MATT DAMON (best supporting actor -- INVICTUS)

GABOUREY SIDLIBE (best leading actress -- PRECIOUS)

MAGGIE GYLLENHALL (best supporting actress -- CRAZY HEART)

THE YOUNG VICTORIA (best costume design)

KATHRYN BIGELOW (Best Directing -- THE HURT LOCKER)

JAMES HORNER (Best Musical Score -- AVATAR)

JOE LETTERI,
STEPHEN ROSENBUAM,
RICHARD BANEHAN
and ANDREW R. JONES (Best Visual Affects -- AVATAR)

MARK BOAL (Best Writing -- Original Screenplay -- THE HURT LOCKER)

So what are your predictions?
Let's hear them, yous guys !!

Which movies will WIN an Oscar??

:sm (25)::sm (25):

:dancing::dancing:

:001::001:

:sm (18):

Last edited:
Of course avatar will sweep all the awards, the oscars are so predictable. I don't like the Hurt Locker

Of course avatar will sweep all the awards, the oscars are so predictable. I don't like the Hurt Locker

Ahh, PieMan ....

I hear what you are saying, and I really love AVATAR.

But I think The Academy will award THE HURT LOCKER the BEST PICTURE of the YEAR to honor the courage and sacrifice of our troops fighting and dying in TheRaq
and TheStan.

I am predicting a major upset here !!

:sm (51)::sm (51)::sm (51):

Last edited:
What you say makes sense but AVATAR will wipe them all out you will see.

The Oscars are failry predictable.

What you say makes sense but AVATAR will wipe them all out you will see.

The Oscars are failry predictable.

Yes, PieMan, you are mostly correct ! The Oscars are mostly predictable.

BUT....every now and then, The Academy likes to SUPRISE the world with
an unexpected Oscar for BEST PICTURE

And both AVATAR and THE HURT LOCKER have a total of nine nominations !

Scroll all the way totally down this list to see the total nominations for feature
motion pictures from The Academy's Official Site:

http://oscar.go.com/media/2010/html/print10.html

I still think that HURT LOCKER will upset AVATAR and be awarded
BEST PICTURE of the YEAR.

:sm (25): :sm (25):

:sm (18):

:sm (51): :sm (51): :sm (51):

We will see Lar, we will wait and see.

Maybe it's because I don't like the locker that much.

I can't even understand the title, can you help please?

Why hurt?

We will see Lar, we will wait and see.

Maybe it's because I don't like the locker that much.

I can't even understand the title, can you help please?

Why hurt?

Pie...

THE HURT LOCKER is USA manly military slang for being locked INTO a world of hurt (combat) and not able to get out.

It is being a soldier in war, choices are either to kill or be killed.

It is like being in a locker .. a locker like in a locker room, where you lock up your clothes and shoes to change into excercise gear to go workout.

But THIS partcular locker that you are LOCKED INTO is full of HURT, PAIN, AGONY and DEATH...both on the GIVING end and on the RECEIVING in.

HENCE, a "hurt locker."

http://www.thehurtlocker-movie.com/

:sm (5): :sm (21): :skull:

Last edited:
Thanks, I would never figured it out myself.

You are a great help for dudes outside the US who may not be familiar with slang phrases.

:sm (56):

You are a great help for dudes outside the US who may not be familiar with slang phrases.

Hey Pie, thanks !

HEY... Pie and yous other guys, do you realize that CDG is a place where we guys like us can come together and LEARN a about our different cultures, languages and customs?

There is so much going on here at CDG, yous guys, this place totally ra-RAWKS !

:sm (45)::sm (45)::sm (45):

Last edited:
To me they all deserve an Oscar for creating such pieces of art for our entertainment and enjoyment.

But I already gave my Oscar to someone special :D

Neither would I and I'm American. Arrow helps us slang challenged people too.

Arrow was right, the HURT LOCKER swept all the awards, avatar got only three!!!!

Not Surprising.
Oscars and Hollywood is more about Politics than about efforts.

But for some of the awards handed out. One wonders
"Just who did these ppl go to bed with to get that statue?"

I got nothing against Hurt Locker, it's a great war movie. I think the vote was political though. If Avatar is the most successful movie in human history, how does HL, edge it out for the win? My opinion is that most of the academy voters are old, jewish, and love movies about war and death. The message of "love your planet" that came out of Avatar was way beyond them. Most of the comments posted on the Oscars site after the show, pretty much thought the academy members are idiots and the show one of the most boring they've put on so far. My main reason for tuning in was to watch the lavish, $pectacle and see what the hollywood elitist freaks were wearing.
The hosts were funny most of the time, and there were enough commercial breaks to make the show watchable. MJ's "This Is It" wasn't nominated for anything but it came out too late probably. I didn't think that movie would be worth watching either, but it was. I gota admit, the guy was brilliant.

I agree Hurt Locker was gripping. But winning those technical awards? For me Avatar wows us all with its visual aspects. And it should have won Sound, Editing, Sound Mixing, etc. Oscars should broaden their perspective to see the effort required on sounds and editing specially that of Avatar. Hurt Locker doesn't really... require such complicated sounds, just those booming and drops of sands from explosion that any sound technician are capable of doing. I don't know why Oscars failed to realize that. Also, James Cameron has the two biggest box office in movie history plus a historic 12 Academy Awards for his Titanic. And it's a hard pill to swallow from Oscars voters!

I got nothing against Hurt Locker, it's a great war movie. I think the vote was political though. If Avatar is the most successful movie in human history, how does HL, edge it out for the win? My opinion is that most of the academy voters are old, jewish, and love movies about war and death. The message of "love your planet" that came out of Avatar was way beyond them. Most of the comments posted on the Oscars site after the show, pretty much thought the academy members are idiots and the show one of the most boring they've put on so far. My main reason for tuning in was to watch the lavish, $pectacle and see what the hollywood elitist freaks were wearing.

I can agree with your thoughts and the guy below you.

BUt it was a slap in the face I think cause some of these ppl invested in Avatar and didn't vote for it. But did Vote for Christopher Waltz for his Nazi part. I thought he was entertaining but COMON. THEY just handed him every award in Hollywood too. Sort of reinforces your thoughts of OLD Jewish memories.
Some of them seem to don't realize that they are re-establishing the Nazi's by renew it too.

Back