Economic Crisis Grips Bulgaria

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
From a booming economy and 7% annual growth in 2007 Bulgaria is entering a severe recession, latest estimates show.

Factories close every day, thousands of workers are laid off and major construction projects have stopped.

Large operations like the Sofia steel manufacturer "Kremikovtzi" have run into debt and its employees are on strike because they didn't receive their salaries.

Interest rates have risen sharply, future home owners are facing forclosures and banks don't give loans.

:totalshock: Its like a nightmare. I can't believe it spread from America to affect us here, thousands of miles away, although a bit late but we are hard hit.

There is panic among the population, people are afraid they are gonna lose their jobs and can't repay their mortgages.

No problems here...

Nope, nothing a miss here where I live ;)

Damn, I am lucky ;)

Predictions do state that the recession will end in 2009 to 2010. So it will be a hard time for everybody!!

I was prepared for such a reply from you man so I checked data for your country.

The Netherlands is also hit by the global financial meltdown, you have 0% growth for the last three months, while Bulgaria has 6% and 4 predicted for next year!

IT IS A LIE THAT YOU LIVE IN A PERFECT COUNTRY, you want to attract us there so that we can all play with you and suck each other off in your comfortable taxi

We may not have growth, but we do not suffer that much...

(and comming here...you are welcome to stay. But unfortunatly we have decided ppl. from Hungary, Bulgaria and other Eastern european Countries need a work permit to work and stay here....)

Last edited:
Bulgaria is a EU member and we are now free to move to whatever country we want in the EU, no visas required for Breda.

Work permits are required for the UK but otherwise you can just take a plane and live if you are fed up with life her, like I am.

Sorry to correct you, but my governement decided NOT to open the borders for you yet....

Maybe in 2010...

thank you, I aplogize this is new to me.

Not that it matters really but interesting to know.

Back