We are so vulnerable

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Haiti, January 2010.

Thousands of people met a most appalling death - crushed by falling concrete...people died in their bedrooms, in school with your friends and in hospitals.

No warning no nothing.

You are perfectly healthy and stong one minute, then the roof suddently collapses on your skull the next and that's it.

Humans are so easily destroyed on this brutal planet, and the same thing happens year after year and nothing can be done about it. We will all die.

Poor people, videos on the internet show people crushed under piles of concrete begging for help and trying to get out but they remain stuck under the rubble - no heavy equipment to lift those big chunks of concrete.

Most appalling horrific thing I've ever seen.

article-1243244-07DA1C08000005DC-254_634x421.jpg

article-1243244-07DC09BF000005DC-165_634x422.jpg

article-1243244-07DB7FBD000005DC-646_634x416.jpg

article-1243110-07D6E9E4000005DC-430_306x520.jpg
article-1243110-07D9E6E1000005DC-46_306x520.jpg

Truly tragic on an epic proportion. This sad country has experienced so much...
..i.e., poverty, hunger, civil war, corrupt dictators...and now this.

Absolutely horrendous, what our very own earth below our feet can DO to us at ANY TIME.

And then right around the corner is December 21, 2012...a date which Nostradamus alluded to in his quatrains, which the ancient Mayan calendar and numerous other diverse cultures and seers over time have predicted...will be the END of our WORLD.

A comet from above to totally wreak havoc on our world and cause its extinction.

DAMN, we just NEVER know when WE ALL are going to TAKE a HIT !

:sm (30): :sm (41): :(

We have seen so many dead bodies here but while watching reports on CNN yesterday my eyes filled with tears as TV in America showed brutal footage of kids crushed under rubble, and one girl had to have her leg cut off, it was so horrific I couldn't stand watching anymore.

I don't think 2012 will be the end of the world, but disasters will continue to happen. California is at a major risk of a massive destructive earthquake.

And Arrow let's make one thing clear - there is big difference between comets and asteroids.

A comet is a frozen mass of ice, gas, and dust that travels around the sun. An asteroid is mostly rock and metal. Both foremed early in the history of the Solar System, about 4.5 billion years ago.

When a comet nears the Sun, some of the ice ecaporates, forming a visible coma around its solid body and sometimes a long tail of ions that points away from the Sun.

Asteroids are much smaller size and they have neither a coma nor a tail!

Most asteroids in the solar system are located in the 'asteroid belt', where they orbit the sun in the space between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. Some smaller asteroids may orbit larger asteroids as satellites.

The main risk to Earth is from asteroids who leave their orbit and get flung out to the innter solar system. There is a serious risk to Earth from an asteroid called 99942 Apophis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

Impact events generate the largest explosions in the history of Earth.

For example the Chicxulub impact roughly 65 mln years ago released so much energy the entire earth vibrated, and the magnitude 13 earthquake genertaed megatsunami that spread to all oceans and waves half a kilometer high hit coastal areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater

:sm (41):

Humans are very fragile, and we also like killin eachother.

it takes more than 600,000 years to evolve a better human :)

It is a catastrophe and we all should help these poor people who have lost all, relatives, houses, job, ....

Most of them had no jobs, unemployment in Haiti was 80% before the disaster.

sadly somuch.

you don't see my ass living on a earthcrack and in a hut,burn the whole fucking place down and grow pot over there

Really sad what happened in Haiti. Lotta dead people now. The good news is, this will give them a chance to rebuild that former shithole into something maybe not a shit hole. A new start. The bad news is, humans seem made to suffer, either from their own stupidity or from nature. It wouldn't take much to wipe humans off this planet. Another asteroid like the one that killed the dinosaurs is going to hit again, just a matter of when. The good news is, our absence would be great for the planet. Deepak Chopra said this during one of his lectures which I think pegs reality: If insects disappeared, in 5 years all life on this planet would perish. If humans disappeared, in 5 years life on this planet would flourish. Let's us know our puny place huh.

Last edited:
Back