Looking for advice

R

Ron

Has anyone touched a dead person in their casket? I will be going to a funeral soon and thought I might give it a try. This is someone that I know, so he is not a stranger. I thought just a gentle touch on his hands might be regared as compassionate - and enjoyable. Does anyone do this? What about taking pictures? I want to do that too. I have actually been looking on the internet at hidden cameras that can be secretly worn. Anyone doing this type of thing?

Just be careful.. imagine if someone thought you were being creepy and what kind of drama thought would cause! I'm just lookinf our for a fellow necro!

Most people touch the hands of the deceased at funerals so that would be very nice of you. Close relatives don't usually kiss or touch the head.

Taking photos at a funeral is not strictly prohibited. Some relatives allow anyone to take photos, I have seen this while other strictly forbid any cameras.

Maybe it is best if you talk with the relatives first. Otherwise as jj187 said - it can be quite embarrassing.

I've taken photos of funerals of young guys but always from a distance.

How old is he and how did he die?

Awesome if you could take some pics and post for us!

That would totally rawk. Good luck. Like you I have gone to may funerals - from close relatives to complete strangers, I love funerals and cemeteries

This young guy hasn't died but has a stage 4 brain tumor. I would be very careful. I spoke with a lady who said that she had been to many funerals of friends and strangers and asked to take pictures, and was never turned down. But I just can't see me doing that.

Back