Mystery Symbol

alexonedeath

Mortua sed non sepulta!
Does anyone recognize this symbol/icon/logo (whatever it is)? I want to find out what or whom it represents, but I don't have the first idea how to research it. So, I'm hoping someone in the CDG community might know something...ANYTHING...about it. I apologize for the terrible image quality, but the only example I have to share is this tiny blurry one:

What's with all those mystery rabbits and symblos you guys are so interested in? :noidea:

Never seen this one before.

What's with all those mystery rabbits and symblos you guys are so interested in? :noidea:

Never seen this one before.

I thank you for responding, Meatpie. I've never seen anything quite like it before either, and it has grabbed hold of my curiosity. As for the mystery rabbits, I must have missed that thread. :p

If you learned something about the end of days , aliens or re incarnation using the symbol let us all know :)

If you learned something about the end of days , aliens or re incarnation using the symbol let us all know :)

Eye=similar to eye of horus
Pointed top triangle=head ornament, symbol of authority
Circles (left and right)=ears, earrings; decorations or ear stretch
Necklace thingy representing a person of authority
The X, is a traditional symbol.

Therefore symbol is a representation of someone or a combination of people/and beliefs of the Mayan culture I am assuming.

I strongly suspect it is a made up design and not a actual Maya symbol/hieroglyphics.
Refer to below link
http://www.famsi.org/mayawriting/thompson/thompson455.html

That is a most interesting web page! Thank you for directing me to it, Art of War.

As for the image I posted, I accept that it is a much-simplified representation, but I do believe it is based on an actual Maya carving or illustration. I say that only because I found the image below (which was captioned "Mayan Calendar") on another web site, and I can discern within it all of the basic elements of my original "mystery" image...

Mayan Calendar.jpg

Back