chicago-illinois.jpg

Metro trains were running smoothly in Chicago

brooklyn-new-york-city.jpg

Brooklyn niggers stock up on ice melt

torrington-connecticut.jpg

Route 183 in Torrington, Conn.

chicago-illinois.jpg

O'Hare Inernational

It's supposed to be somewhat warm tomorrow (25F) and snowy but Sunday and Monday are forecasted to be extremely cold (~ -20F). Snow isn't a problem for us here unless we get something like 12 inches in a short period of time, but in the big cities people really panic.

Last edited:
Where are you based?

It's very bad in NYC area, this is 5th avenue today

140103141218-winter-weather-0103-28-horizontal-gallery.jpg

I am in the midwest. It looks like we are going to get extreme cold but not an unusual amount of snow.

Yeah when NYC gets snow like that they really have trouble because they aren't equipped for it and aren't used to it in general. But the snow in the photo is a fairly typical winter day by me.

Last edited:
Probably gets around 60 here. Low as 20.

I can't imagine how people North of DC deal with all that.

The polar vortex has been exceptionally strong this year and this has affected the whole globe currently causing floods in the UK and the cold wave in the US.

article-2534548-1A72486300000578-588_964x638.jpg

This lighthouse in Michigan resembles a giant icicle after crashing waves were frozen around it

I would rather deal with the extreme cold then the sweltering heat. You can dress appropriately for the most part for the cold and still function quite well. There is only so much one can take off or not wear before they become a spectacle when trying to keep cool. When it is bad outside in the winter, you prepare and in extremely bad conditions, you stay put and do not go out. Many a time when I lived where there was winter I had to stay at a hotel near work because it was too dangerous to drive home or simply called in to work from home and told them my life is not worth losing over trying to come into work in impassible conditions. Situations are what you make of them and too many times we go where we shouldn't because we feel we need to or should when it would be in our best interest to avoid the whole thing all together.

Back