Anyone here has a WILL?

aguy305

Forum Regular
I'm going away for a few months later this year, I still haven't gotten both my formal and living Will together. I only did a living will a few years ago but I lost it..... :sm (20): and the person I gave a copy to is many miles away.
So I've decided to sometime this month begin writing new ones.

My living Will, will continue to be pretty much the same (like pulling the plug if I have no brain activity etc).....here's the issue I'm debating (not a big issue but one that requires some thought...)

I already have life insurance through my job, however as far as I know, that can only go to blood relatives, so my boyfriend (almost fiancee :)) wont receive anything under that plan.

I'm going to take out a second, private life insurance policy, later this month.
Should I do 100% of the benefits to my boyfriend or do a 50/50 split with him and my family....although my family will still get 100% of my employers policy....I just don't want to snub anyone after death.

Any thoughts?

Hmm...

Haven't thought of a will yet, maybe it's time to start making one.

all I want is not to be burned. :(

nope

I think you are too young to think about death and will...unless you are going to a very dangerous place?

A risky mission perhaps?

If I croak now my sister takes everything. I am not married, so I am fine with that.

No need for a will...for now.

I am sure you will have a long happy life aguy305.

Do you have a reason to think you might croak soon?

Yep all sorted, most people in the UK have a will written as the only time we have any money is when we die, insurance from work and private insurance and accident cover.
I am worth a small bloody fortune when I snuff it, so have made sure only my nearest and dearest get a share, also with writing a will I have made sure that some of my money grabbing shit faced relatives won't get a penny. Some will be really pissed off when they see who gets what. (pity I won't be around to see thier faces when they find out they are getting fuck all)
It's good to know that when i am gone only those who helped and stood by me will be rewarded for thier kindness.
If you die in the UK and have money and no will written and no imediate relatives the goverment can take all of your assests.

Yep all sorted, most people in the UK have a will written as the only time we have any money is when we die, insurance from work and private insurance and accident cover.
I am worth a small bloody fortune when I snuff it, so have made sure only my nearest and dearest get a share, also with writing a will I have made sure that some of my money grabbing shit faced relatives won't get a penny. Some will be really pissed off when they see who gets what. (pity I won't be around to see thier faces when they find out they are getting fuck all)
It's good to know that when i am gone only those who helped and stood by me will be rewarded for thier kindness.
If you die in the UK and have money and no will written and no imediate relatives the goverment can take all of your assests.

That sux about the UK Darkside....thanks for your input.

I think you are too young to think about death and will...unless you are going to a very dangerous place?

A risky mission perhaps?

If I croak now my sister takes everything. I am not married, so I am fine with that.

No need for a will...for now.

I am sure you will have a long happy life aguy305.

Do you have a reason to think you might croak soon?

No, I don't see myself dying over the next few months. But then again does one really know when and how you will die?

I could die at this very moment from a variety of reasons. It is just the responsible thing to do to have your intentions on what will happen to your life and property during an unfortunate event. Plus, its not all about money and property, what about if your in a coma? or brain dead? do you have instructions to your doctor and family about what you want in that situation?

Should your parents pull the plug after a week? a month? a year?
Should they leave you like that forever?

That's why having a living will is important too.

People someimes have to make tough choices yes, hope I never come to having to decide when to pull the plug on my sister for example....

I don't have a will, as I sis everything goes to sis.

Do you have bros or sis mate?

People someimes have to make tough choices yes, hope I never come to having to decide when to pull the plug on my sister for example....

I don't have a will, as I sis everything goes to sis.

Do you have bros or sis mate?

So basically your dodging those possible scenarios and leaving the burden to your sister or parents to decide how to handle your brain dead body?? Without a legal document? What if your sisters agrees to pull the plug but your parents want you to stay on machine support? Your willing to risk dividing the family and letting a judge decide your fate?

Just good questions to ask yourself that's all.

Yes I have a brother and sister, both older.
I also have parents and a boyfriend.

The life insurance from the military will go to my parents. The private life insurance I will pay on my own will go to my boyfriend.

As far as material things go, that will go to various parties based on sentimental value of certain things.

I am aware that bad things happens in the world every day, people die in horrific ways.

A classmate ended up on life support last week, then her family donated all her organs.

And so what?

I don't own a lot of stuff - a pc, a bike and a digital camera.

But if you are rich I can understand why you want a will.

I am aware that bad things happens in the world every day, people die in horrific ways.

A classmate ended up on life support last week, then her family donated all her organs.

And so what?

I don't own a lot of stuff - a pc, a bike and a digital camera.

But if you are rich I can understand why you want a will.

I think you keep missing my point, I'm talking about a LIVING WILL , not about what happens to your property...but whatever.

Sorry, I checked our law here about wills and we don't have such a distinction.

Here, you can leave a will only about your property after death.

What happens to your body if you are in vegetative state is left to be decided by the next of kin.

Sorry, I checked our law here about wills and we don't have such a distinction.

Here, you can leave a will only about your property after death.

What happens to your body if you are in vegetative state is left to be decided by the next of kin.

That sux balls.

I thought of it..I may be cremated and pets and certain items and art to be saved. If I`m in a coma,after two weeks pull the plug.. kinda basic,most I dont care about

Back