Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
MP1490-THE-HOBBIT-gandalf.jpg

Anyone seen the Hobbit yet?

Thousands are queuing in front of cinemas here to see it but reviews so far have been mixed.
:fuck you:

Not yet. I'm waiting until after Xmas is over, but I have my limited edition tshirts on their way in the mail!!! Can't go having an IMAX "ADVENTURE" without those!!! Will post more in this discussion once I finally see it...Only been waiting since 2009. Tolkien books are my passion.

LOTR...The Hobbit..make me...:rocksss:

Caught the movie opening weekend in USA. Good film. It did capture some of the magic of the book, but books are always better because they evoke the imagination, something most CDGers have in abundance.

If you good a love film,watch it. It beats the Two Towers by miles. ******

Sorry to say it, but I thought it's booring. hours of nice landscape (if I want a travel guide for newzealand i would watch one) virtually nothing happens. I mean it's a relatively thin book and they need to blow it up to a 9 hour movie (3 parts at 3 hours each).. I love the book but the movie naah, no i didn't realy like it.

saw it a few days ago. Great for special effects but, at nearly three hours long, it gives the impresssion of having been extended beyond its material to ensure three commercially profitable films. Would have been better if edited down to a couple of hours.

Having said which some great scenery and Martin Freeman and Sir Ian Makellen give first class acting performances.

However, overall, skip the cinema and read the book

Thank you all for your reviews.

The Hobbit currently has 61% rating on RottenTomatoes, way below Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Back