Have you watched a 3D movie on your computer?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Never

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
sacrificial_engineer_prometheus2.jpg

I want to watch Prometheus in 3D on my computer, is it any good?

Can't say that I do. Two reasons. I cannot see 3D films due to eye problems and also because I kinda feel that 3D movies are a bit overrated. Not the film themselves but the 3D gimmick attached.

My buddy across the street is coming over this weekend to watch Prometheus 3D on the 133" projection screen :aha: I'll let you know if it's any good, Meatie

You have a home theatre man? How much did it cost you?

MP, I've gone through a few different systems starting with those old behemoth heavy CRT projectors, then a few years ago I upgraded to digital 1080p, but this was the old 87Hz refresh, so technically speaking it is not suited for 3D but I recently bought a 3D dongle that can convert a 60Hz monitor to 3D. It's not too bad, but you have to put up with a bit of flicker in the bright scenes as you have a 30Hz alternating frame for each eye, and digital technology doesn't have the phosphor persistence like in the old CRT technology which could minimize that flicker. For around $2000 on the low end, you can get a proper 120Hz or higher 3D ready projector these days, but I'm not upgrading yet, as there are so few 3D movies worth watching.:breakfast:

Thanks for your reply man, quality projectors are very expensive although I would really like to get one as the local cinema play crap comedy films and none of the other movies they show appeal to me.

I have, but only once. I watched Jackass 3D on my computer, because I never got to see it in theaters.

I'll be seeing Silent Hill Revelations in 3D on Halloween, but most of the time I truly don't care about the 3D. It's a technology that's been around since the 50's, so I'm baffled as to why everyone thinks it's the most awesome thing ever.

Thanks for your replies guys.

OK, I watched Prometheus in 3D and while some scenes looked spectacular the loss of colour particularly red was significant. 3D also makes all other colours subdued.

I am very disappointed and I will stick with 2D for now.

I'm watching it tonight with my hot buddy from across the street. Yes, the brightness/contrast will seem subdued as you have 2 images split between your individual eyes so the effect would make it seem washed out. 3D with active or passive shutter glasses are still a hundred times better than the old style anaglyphic red and green plastic filter glasses

i like 3D films, we also have a 50 seat home theater in our basement
in our other home in river hills, wi
also a 30 seat home theater at our ranch,

Meatie, we watched it yesterday evening and the verdict was so-so in terms of content. Since this was the first 3D he's seen in a home environment, he thought the effect was better than watching it in a commercial theater. Interesting that the plotline involves a religious theme, however, the impression I get is that more of Raelians rather than a monolithic god of all things. We'll see what the next installment holds for us. Too bad the hot dude was killed off early in the movie....

Next installment? Are you sure?

I found the move rather enjoyable and hilarious, what's your favourite scene?

Hmmm my fave was when the hot dude got flamed, oh, and of course the robotic caesarian, and when the muscular alien gets eaten by the monster :p Yes, I was told that Ridley Scott meant to do 2 more episodes. The ending of this one makes you think that it's a prequel to Aliens but Scott said it wasn't meant to be... There were some funny moments with the android, David as well

Here is our robot naked in 2008 movie "Hunger". He also goes stark naked in 2011 movie "Shame".

Director Ridley Scott is always very secretive about his film project but given how Prometheus ended I am inclined to believe there will be a continuation.

My favourite scene is the MedPod surgery, I loved it when the machine responded "Error, this Medpod is calibrated for male patients only. Please seek medical assistance elsewhere"

:hahahahha:

My mother nearly passed out when the fetus burst.

My bud is going to come over this weekend to watch John Carter 3D. Will let you know if it's any good if you haven't seen it already...

Haha, did you have two pairs of 3D glasses or did your mom watch it by herself?

Mom and dad watched standard 2D version in their own home threatre.... in the bedroom.

:hahahahha:

Back