Snerdguy

Forum Veteran
Some hobbies can be expensive while others may not. I look at a hobby as focusing on a particular subject so you can develop expertise and experience it many ways. It is something you do for your own entertainment. If you chose a hobby without regard to the cost, what would it be?

I have always been fascinated by body casting. It is an art form where one uses alginate, plaster and other materials to capture someone's likeness in detail. It's sort of like sculpturing for those who are not very talented with a hammer and chisel. I imagine combining it with my other interests. Drug a subject to unconsciousness, pose and make molds of his body while he is helpless and then cast his image in some medium so that he is captured for eternity. It would be like stopping time. I could make partial body castings of his best parts or even a whole person who would be mine to admire.

It might even be interesting to cast certain body parts in wax with a wick and see who burns longer and brighter. :happy banana:

I'd love to try the loom. I do not know why but I have always liked it. It probably stems from me reading the story of Arachne - that was one messed up contest :3

Gee, there are so many I've wanted to try, or restart. Time and length of life permitting, I'd like to get back to doing pen and ink drawings and watercolors & tempra paintings. Would like to learn to paint w/ oils. want to continue learning to carve in stone and wood. Would like to complete my wood shop and tool collection, so I can build and repair a number of things. And I'd like to find time to round out my education and knowledge by good reading program, and... Well, I'll be too broke or too dead to pack all that into my life. This doesn't even cover things like hiking & camping in the Smokies, canoeing rapids again ,etc. Guess one has to pick & choose, especially w/ family to consider.

Last edited:
And hey, Snerdguy, your body casting hobby sounds like it could be a hoot to do! Man, I bet it could even make for a very freaky, fun party where everyone gets casted, the parts are made, as individual limbs capable of attaching to all the other limbs. THEN, we could build a body w/ everybody's best (or worst ) parts! Imagine the beauty, or maybe the shock. Then, the "body" could be disassembled and made into yet another "body"! What possibilities! I think we should call in Bain Capitol to invest and help create a company settting up these parties, creating jobs ,etc. Hahaha! Well, the "bodies" sure could be a gas, anyway. Great idea. At least you can just one hobby, and a fun one at that.

Last edited:
.....It might even be interesting to cast certain body parts in wax with a wick and see who burns longer and brighter. :happy banana:

:green grin:......now that's an interesting hobby!!! :yes:

I'd love to base jump the Burj Khalifa

burjkhalifabuilding.jpg

Minatures wargaming, including painting the soldiers, and building the battle fields.

Well, I would love to try skydiving or benji-jumps - I have to beat my fear of heights.
Diving into the ocean would be great too! I love all scary animals and diving with sharks without cage would be dream come true!

Back