Pittsburgh sister city with Sofia

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, wow I was reading up on some info about Pittsburgh, and by chance I glanced in the "sister cities" section and found Sofia was listed there as well.

I now its lame shit but on what grounds to cities can become sisters? These are thousands of kilomtres away, completely different?

I'd like to know myself. That's strange, maybe there's someone here from Pittsburgh that might know.

have you been to Pittsburgh mate?

I've never been there. I heard it's rough over there, kind of like NYC back in the days.

nothing beats NYC in the 70s verlup and you know it

Attachments

• 121_79.jpg
    121_79.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,355
Yeah, I think it was the most dangerous place in the world. I heard a murder when I was a child. It was early eighties. We lived on the third floor of a tenement and I heard gunshots, then running. Then I heard moaning and gasping like he couldn't breath. Next thing I heard was "Let's take his shoes!". Several minutes later the police sirens and they took the now dead guy away. I stretched my head out to see but it was around the corner, just out of sight. My mom wouldn't let me leave the house either to see better. I wanted to see his shoe-less corpse.

Thats a fucking interesting childhood of a new york boy

Never witnessed a murder but seen guns fired from close range.

It was a beautiful sunny day in 2007 and I was coming home from work, exhausted and waited for the bus.

Just as the bus came and I entered a fat ugly fucked came pulled a gun and started shooting at another dude..there were lots and lots of people at the bus stop and women started screaming

everything happened so fast but no one was killed but I was so close I saw a gun fired one or two metres away

There was another bad incident I still remember, in 2005.

I was on a tram when a young dude jumped under it. there was a dull sound and he was instant kill.

the doors were blocked and we were in a tunnel, lights went off

I and several other dudes forced open the doors.

Never felt scared or anything.

But I was scared shitless when I was attacked at a major intersection in Sofia in January 2008. Three niggers beat me at a tram stop, right on the tram tracks cars flew by, it was fucking dangerous and I thought that was it.

I survived by from then on whenever I go out I wear a knife.

That guy jumping under the train! I like dead guys but that would freak me out.
Did the three guys rob you? That's so scary man, I'm glad you made it out alive. Be careful out there.
I was robbed by three guys years ago but they only jumped me and held me down while pulling my wallet out. Then they just ran away. It wasn't so scary just infuriating.

Attachments

• bride%20preper.jpg
    bride%20preper.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 25179-beautiful-dead-womanbig12.jpg
    25179-beautiful-dead-womanbig12.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,203
  • SumiWasKilled.jpg
    SumiWasKilled.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • cfnfng.jpg
    cfnfng.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,069
  • 63_14724_5e7d80382f9daa3.jpg
    63_14724_5e7d80382f9daa3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,166
  • l_9c914d7a4ecd4ac6a8b4504f43ebe05c.jpg
    l_9c914d7a4ecd4ac6a8b4504f43ebe05c.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,352
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,342
  • 5,h=343_bild.jpg
    5,h=343_bild.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,020
it was a tram, not a train. still heavy and was going fast

I love beating up other guys, I love violence and often got into fights...until january

those bastards were fat and strong and they surrounded me one was behind me while a fat nigger punched me.

After that I swore never to get into fights again.

Thats life man, we all learn from experience. That doesn't mean I am scared of people or to go out in the dark but I am more careful to avoid such situations in the future.

Its insane how quickly things can spiral out of control in life

I am only about an hour away from Pittsburgh and have been there many times. It's actually not that bad. You just have to know where not to go. Any large American city even the small ones have there dangerous parts. I'm lucky, where I live there is little violence.

Attachments

• P1011731.JPG
    P1011731.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 527
  • P1011726.JPG
    P1011726.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 700
It's true. Like I said before, my neighborhood's pretty safe so far. That's why I moved there. Where I grew up was very dangerous in the past, now it's improving through "gentrification" but I still don't like walking around there really late at night. Some other parts of NYC are still very dangerous.

The American "Sister Cities" program was begun in 1956 by President Dwight Eisenhower. It was originally administered as part of the National League of Cities, but since 1967 it has been a separate organization, Sister Cities International (SCI), which is a nonprofit citizen diplomacy network creating and strengthening partnerships between U.S. and international communities in an effort to increase global cooperation at the municipal level, to promote cultural understanding and to stimulate private business and economic development. SCI leads the movement for local community development and volunteer action by motivating and empowering private citizens, municipal officials and business leaders to conduct long-term programs of mutual benefit.

They also get preferred student exchange.

The American "Sister Cities" program was begun in 1956 by President Dwight Eisenhower. It was originally administered as part of the National League of Cities, but since 1967 it has been a separate organization, Sister Cities International (SCI), which is a nonprofit citizen diplomacy network creating and strengthening partnerships between U.S. and international communities in an effort to increase global cooperation at the municipal level, to promote cultural understanding and to stimulate private business and economic development. SCI leads the movement for local community development and volunteer action by motivating and empowering private citizens, municipal officials and business leaders to conduct long-term programs of mutual benefit.

They also get preferred student exchange.
Thanks for the explanation. So it's just random?

great info JM, thanks

So I move to Pittsburgh

verlup - you said some boroughs are dangerous, you mean the Bronx I suppose

Pittsburgh looke dlike avery nice city when I went thru it by Greyhound and by train!

Hope to come back there someday and see the place. It looks like a German City somewhere in the Mountains!

hehe, I think you have to get in line Meatpie...

Or I could do it like the Old Romans...

An Arena fight, and the last man standing gets to go out with me ;)

great info JM, thanks

So I move to Pittsburgh

verlup - you said some boroughs are dangerous, you mean the Bronx I suppose
Yes parts of the Bronx are still dangerous, but some parts of it are nice like in the suburbs. The bad parts tend to be further out in the boroughs too like way out in Brooklyn. The closer to Manhattan tends to be better. A lot of neighborhoods have been going through gentrification and are improving but there are pockets of rough areas still left. I have to admit, I haven't really gone to all the dangerous parts. I used to visit family in the nicer more suburban part of the Bronx. I have never been to the other areas. but I know people from there and they tell me about the areas and the scary stuff that happens. I like it now that my neighborhood is safer, but stuff still happens every now and then.

I just saw on the news that 2 young guys got shot by police in Brownsville Brooklyn, that's one of the still dangerous parts. I've never been there.
Also a hot Latino guy was beaten by police in some other part of the city. I need to look him up, he was in a gurney crying but he looked really cute covered in tattoos half naked.
His name is Michael Mineo.

some pics would be nice man.

So from where you are can you see the skyscrapers of midtown or manhattan where the towers were.

I read on the bbc today about a young female journalists killed in Little Rock.

She was attacked at her home, probably robbers.

shit it seems happens everywhere not only in big cities.

The one thing that I hate about the US is that they are many black people who commit crime - like robberies and murder and shit.

terrible, I am horrified when they show such things on CNN.

they even releazed some CCTV footage of a black dude killing a young white shop assistant.

I couldn't never live in a society like thats, sorry verlup don't get me wrong.

But we don't have a single nigger here. Not one.

We have gypsies but they are not allowed anywhere basically and live in some shanty towns of their own, like ghettos.

I love the US but I couldn't leave there, its so different from life here.

Back