hangedguy

Forum Regular
I've seen many pics of people hanged with their hands free. Many from WWII.

One of three German soldiers all dangling holding the ropes, saving themselves for a little while anyway. Only a matter of time before they lose their grip.

Another has a group of four or so civilians being hanged by Germans. You see a couple soldiers just then tipping the bench they are on and all of them are keeping their hands down. Maybe the smart move to let the noose do it's job? I wonder if one of them was their leader urging them not to grab the rope? It could be the soldiers ordering them not to but so what? If they had a rifle pointed at you and you were afraid to hang, you'd make them shoot you.

Maybe it would be smarter to grab the rope? Hang on until you are exhausted, then when you let go the noose would finish you quickly. If one of the three Germans had kept his hands down he would have been finished by the time his buddies let go.

I think I'd keep my hands down and let myself hang. I probably couldn't resist trying to grab the rope once I'm hanging, but from a few clips I've seen of that you really can't reach up for it.

Most suicides do not tie their hands. They will pass out so quickly, they may not have time to grab the rope.

I saw a Russian flailing around for awhile. He didn't pass out quickly. Looked like he was conducting an orchestra!

I think I would jump before they tipped the bench in order to snap my neck quickly rather than strangle slowly. It would also spoil their show, especially if I could give one of the executioners a parting final kick in the teeth. Maybe I could knock some out. Something for them to remember me by.

Beings that I have yet to try strangleplay I can't honestly say what I'd do. Fight or flight would probably kick in and I'd struggle. I'd like to say that I would just hang and enjoy the show, maybe treat them to a little angel lust.

I've always thought, even in a short drop or hauled-up hanging, that I would have between 3 and 10 seconds before unconsciousness, as the blood flow to the brain is cut off. This is much less time than I can hold my breath, so the sort of panic I could imagine as a result of being unable to breathe (the sort of panic I get with my head encased in plastic film) won't happen. Hanging from an ordinary rope noose is not that uncomfortable, so my first reaction is not to grab the rope but to be curious about the sensation of my body stretching down from my neck and my feet swinging off the ground.

The flailing about and dancing on air is thought to be the unconscious motor reactions of the dying body. It doesn't always happen, but I like to think that when I hang I will give a good show to the audience, even if I never see the spectacle.

Back