Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
In an extraordinary news report today I heard on the radio Syrian people blessing Bulgaria for saving their lives and families - hundreds of Syrian children have been granted asylum and taken via plane to Sofia.

They gave interviews but their location was not disclosed, the operation was at first secret but journalists investigated and managed to interview people who fled Syria in November and December last year.

The Bulgarian foreign minister was personally invloved and in charge of the whole operation.

4128_1.jpg

[SUB][SUP]Bulgaria's foreign minister has MA in War Studies from King's College London.[/SUP][/SUB]

I am proud of my small country, the whole interview on the radio here just drove home the scale of the atrocities in Syria.

aansOAZ0.jpg

[SUP][SUB]Child shot in the eye yesterday in Syria[/SUB][/SUP]

Congratulatiions to Bulgaria!

It's not that much but at least we care when people in other nations are suffering. There are now daily protests in front of the Syrian embassy in Sofia. Not that they will change anything...

Nato must bomb Assad.

I'm never one to shirk from a war but how about Arab countries dead with Assad, he's one of their own , they could use some of all those expensive weapons we have sold them They should also have dealt with Gadaffi rather than NATO or Libya should pay the cost of their liberation in oil.

Arab nations can't move on their own without approval from the US.

If the US wasn't bankrupt by their greedy Wall Street bankers they would have attacked by now.

Iran is also asking for trouble.

Aye agree they need US permission - the Arab countries should contribute troops and planes too. Expect I and fellow soldiers will be back in Iraq or on to Iran before too long I saw pictures of the graves they have dug for infidel soldiers already - but it will be their men who fill them if they start a war.

Syria is going to hell very fast.

Nothing much to gain there.

So no intervention.

And alot of VETO by Russia and China.

I wouldn't be surprised if Russia and China turn out to be major suppliers of weapons to the Syrian Army.

Russia also sold weapons to Gaddafi.

The world is fucked, I am now almost certain the US will strike Iran, not so sure about Syria.

I think the American public are war weary, and the government will have a hard time justifying another long expensive war when the economy is completely fucked.

Back