Hanging a man is to hold his body up to ridicule. In a short time, blood pools in the lower extremities- so his penis will sprout. Spinal imjuries produce an erection. Although the victim experiences pain and no sexual pleasure, I wonder if his reproductive fluids flow. The French Universal Dictionary of the 9th Century maintins he does (cum). But, I have read so many other accounts that say NO, he does not. I do not mean to include those men who are looking for auto-erotic stimulation and accidentally die, but as a simple body mechanism as if it is Nature's last desperate attempt to keep the race going, like flowers shedding their seeds in the wind. Forgive my romanticism.

I would be fascinated to know the answer! Of course it will depend on the method of hanging and all sorts of details. Clearly it does sometimes happen, and clearly it's far from universal.
The best evidence for its being quite common seems to be from Indonesia, where the press sometimes report that a hanged guy had shit and/or cum in his clothes, as evidence that it really was a suicidal hanging (rather than a murder made to look like a hanging) - or, less commonly, that the didn't have anything in his pants but the pl;oice are still conmvinced it was a genuine hanging. The implication is that it's sufficiently common for the authorities to use it as one of the quick checks for whether an apparent hanging is genuine, without being so universal that it's proof. Of course what they're looking for (and finding !) is emission of semen - that doesnt have to be a proper full-blown orgasm.

I have often wondered about the shit part. The piss I can see as it is a liquid. But if one's shit is solid it don't seem to run like lava or highly saturated mud. But if the victim had areal loose shit like he had runs then I could see the shit in his jeans.
Now I have seen simulated hangings where the victim was given a laxative and his shit was soupy. When given the signal he was hung. Shit and piss ran out from his leather jeans and dripped off his boots.
It was a very HOT HOT scene.

JJ

The pressure of the noose on the nerves (the parasympatheic nerves?) can cause urination and defecation,and the agonal convulsions (as the oxygen-deprived nerve cells in the brain fire-off randomly before they die) can cause spasms of the gut - at least that's my unnderstanding. That's as well as any laxatives, terror, or just plain gravity - so no wonder hanged guys often die with shit in their pants.

Try to find a hanging execution with clear evidence of an erection or ejaculation. Exclude normal swelling or bloating that occurs upon rigor.
It' extremely rare. You will find more cases in fictional works and 3rd world tabloids.

angels'-lust.jpgangels' lust is the term. There are also some examples as a result of the sunami. But this poor lad was hanged.

Last edited:
I read in "Generation Kill" the book from which the movie was made, that solders in battle have soiled themselves during the heat of battle from terror. In the book they mention getting adult diapers from the P X. I wonder if that is because it is a easier clean up. It is also said that they did no bathe for two to three months. HMMMMM

There's been some discussion about that pic, whether it's fake or real. So far as I can see it could be either - any evidence that it's not real? And can anyone find the original photo - should be possible to get a far better scan now.

Back