New Yorker

Forum Regular
Washington DC (Georgetown) and New York City (UES)
I never expeacted to see so many people interested in these kind of sexual fantasies. I have always known that there were people who were into necrophilia and erotic asphixiation, choking and hanging, but I never realised this kind of fantasy bruns in the mids of so many of us. This site has lots of members and every week someone new pops in and joins the family. It does make make me wonder if what we believe is normal is really normal. I am not only interested in this just from an erotic point of view, but also as someone who studies psychology. Were you guys surprised at how many people shared your fantasies?

Sex is in the brain and humans have the most complex brain in the known universe, incredibly difficult to study and the beauty of it all is no matter how good you are at psychology there is no way you can know with certainty what really is going on inside a person's head. You can only makes guesses about what someone is thinking but you can never be 100% sure.

Much like quantum mechanics.

I think our sexual preferences are determined early on in childhood while our brains are still developing. The way your brain is wired up determines whether you develop a foot fetish or a taste for wet warm anus.

Homosexuality and necrophilia don't make sense from an evolutionary point of view, after all we are all supposed to breed like flies.

Maybe these fetishes serve a higher purpose that we still haven't found out yet.

I agree with 100 percent. no matter how hard you try to aproach psychology and the human condition from a empirical and objective point of view, you will always have anm incomplete picture. We are all individuals who aproach existance from different perspectives.
I like to think that these kind of fantasies along with homosexuality and other things are nothing more than existance exploring its infinity. In cosmology the idea of existance being an omniverse with infinite universes where every single possibility occurs is becoming more accepted. Our desires and fantasies are pretty much the same thing since we are trying to experience the different possibilities there are.
I certainly agree that some human traits, like the 6 universal emotions, are related to evolutionand serve a practical purpose, but I dont think evaluating everything from a pragmatic perspective is the answer. We have this thing in Western societies where everything has to serve a practical and objective purpose. In as much as I like logic and reason, I think there are certain things that you should not try to understand but rather just live through the experience. It is kinda like the Northern Lights. Trying to understand it from a scientific mindset is tedious to say the least. You can only fully understabd it when you see it with your own eyes and admire it from a "irational" mindset. The same principle applied to our fantasies. Besides, humans are by nature explorers. It makes ansolute sense that we would try to explore sex in different ways.

we would try to explore sex in different ways.

Of course, if we all like the same stuff and fuck in the same way life would be dull and boring. I don't know what to believe about the universe, there are so many theories.

My absolute favourite is quantum mechanics although I don't claim to fully understand it, I was not good at math in school I admit but from what I have read I can safely say it's a beautiful theory about the very nature of reality.

In a recent paper Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff, both active proponents of the quantum mind theory, presented some new ideas and their "uptaded" theory after criticism, I highly recommend it.

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Cosmology160.html

Quantum mechanics does make the univeerse more beautiful. You cant help to admire the sophistication and intricacies behind creation. I dont believe in a monotheistic God, but it is hard to claim everything in the universe is random. There has to be some kind of ultimate inteligence behind it all.

Well, the world of academia is supposed to be logical and rational and i dont think I have said anything irational thus far. But I do know my beliefs go against mainstream academia. Still, as Socrates said, we should always be aware of our ignorance and embrace new ways to understand the unknown. Besides, in as much as people dont like to admit it, the greatest social and technological changes in human history have been briught forth by those who aproach things differently from the rest of society. I do think there is some inteligence behind creation, but i cannot speculate on the nature of the inteligent designer simply because it must be something too complex for the human mind to comprehend. However, I can still make a few rational assumptions on the nature of this designer based on observation.
I am 23 by the way.

You are quite intelligent for your age, when I was 23 I only cared about how many cute dudes I could nail in a single day.

I am sure by age 30 your views on life will be radically different, you'll be a like a different person.

Was psycholody your first choice of study?

Yeah, I can see myself with a very different mindset when I am 30. I think it is a consequence of a world where everything is changing so fast. Thiose if us who cannot adapat are just left behind. Psychology was my first choice. I was actually considering going into med school and become a psychiatrist, but after taking pre med courses, I realised medicine is not for me. I regreat not having a double major in psychology and sociology though.

I am responding to Meatpies assertion that `homosexuality doesn`t make sense from an evolutionary point of view`.I think it is possible that it does have an evolutionary purpose,I will elabourate on this if anyone is interested.

I've heard Richard Dawkins conjecture that perhaps it was a ruse so the alpha males would feel comfortable leaving them to the females and then they could sneak in their DNA by fucking those vaginas while they were away. Technically speaking they would be bi males though. The other speculation was that perhaps not fathering their own children would enable them to take care of kin from their sibilings to ensure passing on the family gene.

I am responding to Meatpies assertion that `homosexuality doesn`t make sense from an evolutionary point of view`.I think it is possible that it does have an evolutionary purpose,I will elabourate on this if anyone is interested.

I am interested yes.

Evolutionary Reason for homosexuality.
Thanks Meatpie and Newyorker for encourageing me to post.
Male homosexual acts(not homosexual identity can be explained with reference to Selfish Gene Theory.
Consider group of 40 or so prehistoric humans.Here are some of ways in which genes,as expressed by human behaviour,maximise their chances for proliferation and survival;direct physical combat with other males for a femail breeding event.
Being more promiscuous than other males.Murder,waste full of genes,small group,minimum number for survival could be threatened.

Nothing new so far.
Now consider that human males are in fact bisexual,(despite extremes of exclusive homo and hetero).
A promiscuous male in above group has sex with many females,in addition HE DEPRIVES OTHER MALES OF A BREEDING OPPORTUNITY every time he brings another male to orgasm(although only temporarily).It can be seen that a male who uses this form of behaviour consistently over time has more breeding opportunitys,without risk of death/injury from direct conflict.
This surgests that there my be a biological,hard wired,reason for hostility to male homosexuality.

tHAT IS A VERY INTERESTING TAKE ON THIS ISSUE. It certainly would make sense for a male with too much libido to decide to have sex with other males so that conflict would not arise as males fought for the females. If you stop to think about it, it might actually explain homosexual behavior among females. Procreation is incredibly physically costly for females, so promiscous females would want to have sex with other females so that they can have sexual pleasure without getting pregnant.

I too wonder about necrophilia and homosexuality. Once I would give anything to be "normal" now I just accept things as part of the human condition. Having state that, I draw the line at fantasies and would not want it to intrude into reality like the gruesome case of the German Cannibal Meiwes.

Hopefully, science and psychology can find out what makes us tick and hopefully society will be more accepting of people of different taste

For a long time I thought I was into necrophilia, but one day when I used to work at a hospital, I was asked to take a body of a reasonably good looking guy to the morgue. It was early in the morning so the morgue was empty. I was planning on having sex with the body, but I wanted to touch it to see how I would react. When I touched that cold and rigid body I felt disgust. Havinf sex with something so cold and in the process of putrification simply did not turn me on. I am still into playing with a guy playing dead and choking or drowning a guy till he passes out, but killing and having sex with a corpse is just too much for me.

Before health problems stopped me I was a Psychology major in college. I find the idea that males can be wired to be essentially "roadblocks" for other males as very logical idea. I also wonder about the other, "philias" out there. Are we all just mis-wired or is there some other deeper explanation. I like to think of it this way. We are the burnt edges of the fringe of society. There is something poetic about that to me.

For a long time I thought I was into necrophilia, but one day when I used to work at a hospital, I was asked to take a body of a reasonably good looking guy to the morgue. It was early in the morning so the morgue was empty. I was planning on having sex with the body, but I wanted to touch it to see how I would react. When I touched that cold and rigid body I felt disgust. Havinf sex with something so cold and in the process of putrification simply did not turn me on. I am still into playing with a guy playing dead and choking or drowning a guy till he passes out, but killing and having sex with a corpse is just too much for me.

I would have fucked the dead dude then and there, no hesitation. I love cold and rigid corpses.

If I could have snuck away somewhere, I would have striped naked, both he and I and lied with him. I have always wanted to be zipped in a body bag naked with a dead hot stud.

Back