matthew88

Forum Newcomer
So what's the gas price where you live? I'm in southwestern Virginia (not southern West Virginia). I've noticed the prices vary greatly from town to town. The lowest I have seen it here this week is $3.39/Gal and the highest is $3.57/Gal. I thought prices should be going down in the US since the 30M barrels of oil was released, but I guess not. I have not seen a thread like this, so I thought it would be a neat discussion to see how prices vary from country to country.

Too much. Here in London it's £1.39 per litre. I tried working that out in dollars per gallon but my head span too much! :D

Half the gas stations here are family-owned (not brand name) I guess they think they can mark it to whatever they want. Meatpie: Do most people in Bulgaria not drive, but rather take public transportation? I have read this about European countries, which they claim is why gas is so high, but it doesn't make sense to me. Looks like there would be a low demand if not many people drove their own cars.

Too much. Here in London it's £1.39 per litre. I tried working that out in dollars per gallon but my head span too much! :D

Quite a bit!

£1.39 = $2.24
1 Gallon = 3.78 Liters
$2.24 x 3.78 = $8.46/Gallon!

Quite a bit!

£1.39 = $2.24
1 Gallon = 3.78 Liters
$2.24 x 3.78 = $8.46/Gallon!
Exactly right, I calculated it too and got the exact same result.

People in Bulgaria love their cars like in any other nation and despite high fuel prices there hasn't been any significant reduction in automobile traffic.

Biking is very popular form of transport but only for short distances. Public transport is well-developed, you can take a direct train from Sofia to almost any town in Bulgaria.

The United States is huge country and Americans are totally depended on their cars except New Yorkers.

Urban sprawl is to blame, once oil runs dry no one one will want to live in suburbia and these areas will turn to ghettos.

I am afraid the whole world is in for deep trouble.

Well in Scotland its currently around £6 ($9) per gallon. Filled my car up today and it cost £75 ($110). Luckily i dont drive a lot so that should last about a month but its still a bit steep. Thats for diesel but petrol not much cheaper.

I am in Indianapolis...and prices are running @ $3.89 a gallon. I was complaining to everyone within earshot, but now that I am hearing about the prices internationally, I will be a bit more grateful. I am always on the road, back and forth to Chicago. My gas tank is on E as I am writing this. There is this special gas station that I go to whenever I am going to Chicago...just north of Merrillville (Hobart) on 65 N. I swear it is the cheapest gas ever...I make it a point to practically coast in on fumes.

Another question: Are there any stations in anyone's area that still has 100% gas? There were 2 in my area, but the tornado in April took one of them out, so now there's just one. I seem to get better mileage on the 100% gas, so I usually get it even if it's a few cents higher than the station across the street. @meatpie, You're right about the American people being dependent on their cars. A lot of places here have little to no public transportation, though. In my area, there are no passenger trains, buses, or any other forms of public transportation, so we pretty much have to drive our self if we want to go anywhere. @cello9, My sister went to SC a few years ago, and even then she told us how the prices were lower there. Wonder why?

petrol is £1.36 per litre but the government takes 86.42p in tax (59.2p in fuel duty and 27.22p in V.A.T)

Back