After watching "Shelter"

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
I watched shelter, what a beautiful movie.

I know it sounds insane but you can make generalizations about Americans from a signle movie.

So here is what I came up with after watching it. :sm (48): Just some random impressions:

1. Americans are always on the move - people move from towns to cities, buy different houses etc. Always on the go.

2. Americans eat junk food! LoL. I didn't see these guys have a decent meal throughout the movie, although they were quite fit. All the time they munched on burgers.

3. Americans always want something better - better job, better house, bigger car, swimming pool. So they work hard to achive all this.

4. Americans spend a lot of time in their cars. The guys talked in the car, Zach slept in his car, wherever he goes he is with his car.

I guess this is because of the vast distances of North America.

5. Life in the big city is much better than in small towns.

6. America has beautiful nature.

7. And finally, most striking was when Zach's sister told him "do something for your life" ....meaning everyone is left to deal with their own lives and not depend on others! Fight for it, its the ultimate from rags to riches story that plays out in lots of movies. But it is possible...in the US! If you are smart and hard-working you will eventually climb up the social ladder, thats what a free society is all about, right?

Amazing! This is coming down generations, from the first settlers I suppose, each man left to take care of his own family and work hard. In Europe for example people depend much more on the Welfare State.

------------------------------

This is just all from watching this movie, I don't know how much of this is true since I don't live there so don't take it soo seriously or get offended in any way.

Just curious what you guys think.

And thanks to tadgh who recommended this movie to me. :sm (26):

I think guys relate to this movie because the gay characters are normal in manner and appearance (that Zach is very hot). I hate the fact that in many movies the gay guy is camp, effeminate, or weak or an object of ridicule, or a sidekick or emotionally labile, or crying all the time. When I was a kid, the only openly gay role models I had were people were very queeny TV game show hosts or actors - no wonder I felt suicidal.

And now, for those of you who are interested, for one of the WORST gay movie of all time - its excrutiatingly painful!

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4429203/Another_Gay_Movie_(2006)

Last edited:
I like Shaun (Brad Rowe) better.

n26962651348_1316640_9473.jpg

Not in that movie but they will croak one day.

well your 90% true about us americans LOL... we always want something better and bigger. More better material means more power, wealth, etc... My day to day driver is a k2500 suburban and sometime its the M35A2 truck.

Back