Micky

Disaster area
This is an extract from the introduction Victor Hugo wrote for his work “The Last Days of a Condemned” in which he attacked the death penalty.

In the South, towards the close of last September, the following circumstances occurred: I think it was at Pamiers. The officers went to a man in prison, whom they found quietly playing at cards, and gave him notice that he was to die in two hours. The wretched creature was horror-struck, for during the previous six months he had been forgotten, he had no longer thought about death. He was confessed, bound, his hair cut off, he was placed in the fatal cart, and taken to the place of execution. The executioner took him from the priest, laid him down and bound him on the guillotine, and then let loose the blade. The heavy triangle of iron slowly detached itself, falling by jerks down the sides, until, horrible to relate, it wounded the man, without killing him! The poor creature uttered a frightful cry. The disconcerted executioner hauled up the blade, and let it slide down again. A second time, the neck of the malefactor was wounded, without being severed. Again he shrieked, the crowd joining him. The executioner raised the blade a third time, but not better effect attended the third stroke. Let me abridge these fearful details. Five times the blade was raised and let fall, and after the fifth stroke, the condemned man was still shrieking for mercy. The indignant populace commenced throwing missiles at the executioner, who hid himself beneath the guillotine, and crept away behind the gendarmes' horses. But I have not yet finished! The hapless culprit, seeing he was left alone on the scaffold, raised himself on the plank, and there standing, frightful, streaming with blood, he demanded with feeble cries that someone would unbind him! The populace, full of pity, were on the point of forcing the gendarmes to help the hapless wretch, who had five times undergone his sentence. At this moment the servant of the executioner, a youth under twenty, mounted the scaffold, told the sufferer to turn round, that he might unbind him: then taking advantage of the posture of the dying man, who had yielded himself without any mistrust, sprang on him, and slowly cut through his neck with a knife! All this happened! All this was seen!

Last edited:
At this moment the servant of the executioner, a youth under twenty, mounted the scaffold, told the sufferer to turn round, that he might unbind him: then taking advantage of the posture of the dying man, who had yielded himself without any mistrust, sprang on him, and slowly cut through his neck with a knife! All this happened! All this was seen!
What's this mean.
Do you have clip?

Did servant of the executioner unbind the condemned man?

do i have a clip? i'm afraid not, Ivsoldier. Hugo was describing an execution that happened back about 1840. sorry - i should have made that clear. the executioner's asslstant had to finish the prisoner off by cutting his throat with a knife because the blade of the guillotine kept getting jammed. the blade should have sliced the prisoner's head off. i've never seen a clip of a guillotine execution

Last edited:
Did servant of the executioner unbind the condemned man?

no. he told him to turn round so he could unbind him. the prisoner turned round, trusting him, but the servant killed him instead of unbinding him.

^
^
^
turn round.You mean turn his head?

And when the servant told prisoner like that and he trusted him.
But servant betrayed the prisoner by slowing cut him.
So,the prisoner accept and let the servant cut him?
Why he didn't scream more loud while servant cut him more.

If servant told me he will unbind me.But when I trust him he cut me I think I must surely scream more than before.

then taking advantage of the posture of the dying man--->what's this sentence mean?

then taking advantage of the posture of the dying man--->what's this sentence mean?

This is what I think it means: The prisoner's wrists were bound behind his back. He turned away from the servant and raised his wrists so that the servant could cut him free. This made him lean forward and the cruel servant was able to reach over him and cut his throat.

"If servant told me he will unbind me.But when I trust him he cut me I think I must surely scream more than before."

Surely you would, but not for long with a cut throat. And the prisoner definitely turned his whole body away from the servant, not just his head.

Last edited:
^
^
when servant cut him.You think the prisoner accepted the servant for cut him and layed down and let servant cut and cut and cut him?

The populace didn't resist the servant to cut prisoner with knife?

^
^
when servant cut him.You think the prisoner accepted the servant for cut him and layed down and let servant cut and cut and cut him?

yes I think so. I think he was too weak to fight for his life any longer

I think this is one of sexy scenes.

Yes!!! And when you said "You think the prisoner accepted the servant for cut him and layed down and let servant cut and cut and cut him?" that was :hot: Ivsoldier, that was so :hot:

Do you think the prisoner accept me if I am servant.I beg that prisoner to cut his nech slowly and beg him for oral sex to him in same time?

Back