Micky

Disaster area
For my first thread I've chosen the title which this community grants to some of its members, because CDG is rapidly becoming a glorious beacon of light to me - making me realize I'm not alone and helping me to come to terms with the weird stuff that's going on in my head. So I'm grateful to all you cute living guys!

I'd like to share with share with you another 'beacon' which has helped me to understand my difficult life. It's a line from a play written more than 2,200 years ago by a freed African slave called Publius Terentius Afer:

"I'm a man, so nothing men do is unnatural to me."

(Some of you will already know this line in the usual translation: "I am human, therefore nothing human is alien to me." I promise you, my translation is much closer to the original, because Terentius begins with the word 'homo', which means 'man' - it does not mean 'human'.)

I wonder, have any of you ever read or heard statements that have helped you to make sense of your own lives? If you have, I would love to know what they are.

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words about our community Micky, we are proud to have you as a member.

CDG has had profound influence on my life as well.

I met lots of interesting people from different countries and different backgrounds.

One thing that strikes me is that money can't buy you happiness.

Humans are social animals and we need good relationships with others in order to feel happy and appreciated.

Sadly modern society is organized around money and personal gain, I see so many people here suffering from depression, even young dudes, because communication with others is broken.

You are still young and have a lot to learn from life, never despair, don't expect to have it all at 19!!!

Studying is hard and sometimes dull, I know from experience, but will help you later on in life, esp when job hunting.

And man, am I proud to BE a member!

"Humans are social animals and we need good relationships with others in order to feel happy and appreciated."

Exactly so, Meatpie. Exactly! Which is why I love the Terentius quote so much. He was an outsider too - an African and a slave living in republican Rome - but he didn't despair. He studied hard, and his master Publius, recognizing his worth, gave him his freedom and set him up in life. Before he died, at the young age of 25, it dawned on him: yes, I might be a black ex-slave, but more important than that, I'm a MAN, a member of the great human family, no matter how much people sneer at me!

I learnt about him from my studies, of course, so I must remain hopeful that those studies will eventually help me find a job.

Thank you for your encouragement, Meatpie.

Oh Micky, welcome again! The only one I can come up with at the moment is "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" (HAL9000 in '2001 a Space Odyessy' to Dave) oops! I'm not so profound at the end of the day--I'm on a machine rant today . . . but yes, the site is ultra important in that it allows the incredible chance to share with an incrediblyhot, talented, intellectual, sexy group things that are just plain verboten in "polite" society but are really important to memorialize--in our own twisted way, that's what we're doing--yeah, it's all hot, etc., but man's inhumanity to man is simply staggering & an excellent coping mechanism is macabre humour, which you may noticed is supplied in tankers around here! I actually think we're way ahead of the curve as far as death & destruction continues to accelerate at an amazing pace--we can actually say something like "don't worry babe, been there, done that" . . . hehe . . . AND in other immortal words, "you aint' seen nothin yet!" . . .

Nice one JValdez. I like the 3 quotes - they'd make cool tattoos, don't you think? The HAL9000 one reminds me of a story I read, where a little guy says "I would prefer not to" every time his boss asks him to read something. Never explains WHY he would prefer not to - drives his boss nearly crazy. It turns out in the end his life's been an absolute fucking tragedy. He read so much sad stuff when he was young, working in a lost letters office, that he just lost faith in life and gave up.

I'm really grateful to you for your friendly comment, because I was afraid I might get some abuse for being such a jumped-up know-it-all. But CDG's not like that, is it? (Verbal abuse I just can't handle. Self-abuse I'm already expert at. As for any other kind of abuse - bring it on! I'm anybody's for one pound fifty and a bag of chips...)

Agree with you 100% about man's inhumanity to man!

okay, you've bought me! now have your wicked way with me ha haaa!

and how about "abandon hope, all ye who enter here"? - think I'd like that tattooed on my ass!

:rude_churnit:

or "I didn't do it!"? - now that one would definitely come for handy for a few of the guys round here!

Last edited:
Micky got ur tattoo all lined up & more . . . mmmmmm . . . how about "It’s always darkest just before it goes pitch black" . . . hehe

:eek: whaaat? before it goes pitch black? just what have you got in mind for me, pal? cos if you're planning on it STAYING pitch black, just you keep away from me, you hear? temporary blackness sounds kind of exciting, but if you're planning on turning me into a cute dead guy, and you come at me with a knife, or a ligature, or a portable gallows, I'll scream and scream until I'm sick and you're deaf!

:escape:

only kiddin ya!

Good heavens! we will to everything possible to make you comfortable during your journey . . . hehe . . . remember, breathe deeply & say to youself "it's only a movie, it's only a movie . . . " besides, we want the hotttt pups around for a good long while! :)

Good heavens! we will to everything possible to make you comfortable during your journey . . . hehe . . . remember, breathe deeply & say to youself "it's only a movie, it's only a movie . . . " besides, we want the hotttt pups around for a good long while! :)

still not totally reassured, buddy. still not completely convinced by your sweet words about hotttt pups. that bunker of yours for instance... you'd best not have jeffrey dahmer's sicko cousin in there with you! ha ha

This website is PRICELESS

I consider MeatPie and others here to be REPORTERS on ALL the realities of life and death throughout this world regarding human males. If you notice, CURRENT EVENTS are seen here unlike no where else.

For instance, the gang violence in Latin America, wars in the Mideast, terrorists, homocides in the news. All reportage, with lots of intelligent and cutting edge discussion under such threads as this.

ALSO, conflicts from the past and huMAN interactions are documented HERE, going as far back at the American Civil War ~ onward then to WW1, WW2, the Korean War, Vietnam, the Mideast. Lessons in HISTORY not only learned but ACTUALLY SEEN HERE, with very RARE photographs of ACTUAL TRUE EVENTS.

In order to see such events with such detail before CDG, a guy had to be quite often in the military, police or a bad kinda actor themselves. Or a researcher in a museum or an academic setting. However, now with CDG, we see the actual news, the news that the mainstream media frequently CENSORS us from seeing.

IF you notice MeatPie, he seldom censors ANYTHING. This shows that at his true core, MeatPie is a REPORTER and even a SOCIAL COMMENTATOR, and he invites ALL of us join into this exploration and discussion.

Cute Dead Guys is a brilliant site, and it often attracts I have learned very articulate, aware and "with it" guys from all over the world. Who seek things as they really are and ponder what they mean together unlike any other website on the entire website.

ENJOY CDG while you can, nothing is eternal, as we well see documented here every single day. I believe in the future this CDG site will be studied as a groundbreaking advance in journalism and reportage, and I suspect some will even obtain PhDs writing thesis and papers as to all the complex interacting that is done here.

This website has is so creative, so bold, so shocking and yes, ALL REAL .. that it compels a thoughtful observer to thoroughly consider it. And the more that consideration is undertaken, the more there still remains to undertake EVERY single day.

New material, new perspectives, new events, ongoing events ... this site is PHENOMENAL in every way, and MeatPie is a genious of the highest order. This man is not given his due, but he IS a reporter and journalist, a documenter and presenter like no other .. and lets us all join in on the "work in progress" too.

You say "no way"? THINK about IT. You will find NO OTHER website like this on the entire internet, NOW or in the past, devoted to MEN by MEN for MEN to better understand the unfolding of where we are, where we have been and where we may be going.

It's ALL here, an amazing, stellar, interactive website like NO OTHER in HUMAN HISTORY .. just look at even THE SMILEYS here, I have NEVER seen such a collection that expresses EVERY MALE EMOTION like these here !

This website is PRICELESS, it again I urge you all NOT to take it for GRANTED .. as WE shall NEVER see the likes of this place again, this is truly ONE of a KIND and always, ALWAYS shall be.

Last edited:
IF you notice MeatPie, he seldom censors ANYTHING. This shows that at his true core, MeatPie is a REPORTER and even a SOCIAL COMMENTATOR, and he invites ALL of us join into this exploration and discussion.

I agree absolutely, ArrowMan. MeatPie is a great COMMENTATOR and THINKER, and he also seems to care deeply about the welfare of the members of this community he's set up. I've benefited from his advice and moral support myself.

Last edited:
Back