Manslaughter laws too vauge

NecroHeadfucker

Forum Resident
If I pulled out of a bar parking lot last Tuesday and hit a pedestrian, would that count as manslaughter?

Content is important. For example, if someone were to hit a pedestrian at night who was wearing a dark blue coat, would that be partially his fault?

If I pulled out of a bar parking lot last Tuesday and hit a pedestrian, would that count as manslaughter?

Content is important. For example, if someone were to hit a pedestrian at night who was wearing a dark blue coat, would that be partially his fault?

Manslaughter is a deliberate act that is not premeditated like murder. If you were pulling out of parking lot and you were intoxicated and you hit a pedestrian who was standing on the sidewalk or crossing the street, it could be considered manslaughter because you were driving impaired which is a deliberate act.

I think the law implies that you would have seen the pedestrian and would have not hit him if you were not intoxicated. The color of the coat he was wearing is irrelevant in this situation.

Keep in mind that no law is written in stone. If the person who committed this act has no previous citations involving alcohol, a good lawyer might be able to negotiate a plea deal for a lesser charge like negligent homicide. But, woe unto the person if they have a history of alcohol related citations.

Back