Black Friday - Herds of Shoppers Surround Discount Stores in Sofia, Bulgaria - IMAGES

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Sofia, Bulgaria Nov 25, 2010 - a month before Christmas frenzied shoppers push to get into discount stores.

Bananas were on sale for 60 cents a kilo.

Vegetable oil was $1 and people were seen fighting over who can grab the most.

Unfortunately several people were injured and taken to hospital, women fainted and mothers lost their kids.

The media here has called the situation shameful but admitted people wanted a bargain because prices have pushed up in the last couple of months.

The worst of the shopping frenzy is still to come.

Really? I would love to see some pics from shops in your area.

We didn't go as mom said it's too early and we hope there will be more discounts the remaining few weeks before Christmas.

The BS surrounding Black Friday and the Christmas shopping season started early yesterday out here. One woman was sitting in front of a Best Buy - an electronics superstore - since around 6 AM Thanksgiving morning. She has been the first in line for the 'specials' for the last six years. Some guy arrives later in the AM and states that he had chairs in the first position starting at 2AM and they were moved and started a scene. The police and mall security were called and it was decided that Best Buy will have to decide who was first. The guy came back and started up again and the police were called again. He was given a ticket for the disturbance and the fact that when the security camera tape was checked, there were no chairs in line at 2AM. Also, some stores were opening at Midnight so you could shop and hang around until they put the specials out at 5AM or even later. At least people in your country were fighting over foodstuffs and not a video game or a toy. People have lost all conception of what Christmas is all about. Even if they were giving away free computers or plasma TVs, I would be at home, watching the madness. I am at a point in my life where I buy what I or anyone in my family needs when they need it and they get it then. I do not hold on to it until Christmas. Maybe it is because we are all of adult age but I do not have to have a stack of gifts under the tree for it to be Christmas.

:Christmas Tree: :Merry Xmas:

Back